What does AI stand for?
AI stands for artificial intelligence. Computers demonstrate artificial experience in this domain, showcasing intelligence. TechTarget describes AI as “a simulation of human intelligence by machines”.
What does AI stand to achieve?
The agenda behind enlisting AI is simple. Companies use it to replace human intelligence for tasks like diagnosing problems, making decisions, predicting situations, and driving outcomes using user-generated data.
Class Saathi’s AI-Powered Technology:
If you have been following our journey, you already know that Class Saathi is a digital learning platform that solves a multitude of problems emerging from the education sector with the help of Artificial Intelligence.
Tech companies around the world use the term Artificial Intelligence broadly, leading to a misconception that all AI used in different domains is the same.
To help us establish some distinction, we spoke to AI developers at TagHive Inc., to understand how the AI technology they use for Class Saathi stands apart from their competitors. These are our findings.
Firstly, we need to understand AI in the simplest terms. Human solutions cannot address certain human problems. It could be a problem that has many dynamic facets or the volume of engagement may be too high for humans to compute and process it fully. In such cases, AI captures the problem and drives subsequent solutions.
While machines and computers are doing this activity, it is the human brain that programs artificial intelligence to function accordingly. For this reason, AI has a lot of potentials to surmount many plaguing challenges across the globe in a variety of fields.
Having set the aforementioned tone, it is now imperative that we understand how Class Saathi deploys its artificial intelligence in the field of education.
We began by identifying the often overlooked challenges in the problem-solving domain due to their complexity. We then built frameworks that would address all these challenges with one perfect solution. Over time, we realized our solution could address many more challenges. This governing thought brought us the blueprint of our operation:
- Lack of accountability emerged as a general problem in the education sector with large gaps of communication between the various stakeholders, namely parents, teachers and administrators.
- Every student learns differently and at different paces. Catering to dynamic learning needs is a challenge that supersedes normal classroom instruction.
- Due to the diversity in learning needs across the education sector, targeting learning lags is a huge challenge for educators.
- Tracking student learning progress is often a challenge to address manually since it is not easy to conduct assessments frequently. The logistics involved are expensive and time consuming. Additionally, standard assessments lack reliability in measuring progress as they cater to specific, often small student demographics.
- Public education systems around the world, often the most populated in the education sector, see a high number of drop-out rates.
Listing out these problems shows you how diverse they are in nature and it seems humanly impossible to address them all with one solution. However, the AI developers at TagHive put on their creative thinking hats to create a system that not only tackles all these problems but also builds on them. Let’s see how:
- The Class Saathi developers created a single app for all stakeholders, establishing a transparent communication system for sharing, analyzing, and configuring reports seamlessly. What it also does is use AI diagnostic tools to key in on specific focus areas of the problem and offer it to the stakeholders for tracking and monitoring.
- Class Saathi’s AI technology uses knowledge level diagnostics to accurately describe each child’s learning pace and level instantly. To top that, the personalised learning engine generates tests optimised for each level specifically catering to every student’s learning needs.
- The Rapid Diagnostic technology that Class Saathi’s AI enables allows teachers to see where exactly each student’s learning lags are. This is otherwise impossible to do manually, even in a small class of 50 students.
- Class Saathi allows for teachers to conduct assessments as and when they want to with no additional planning or cost. It saves time and money. What it also does more specifically is use knowledge tracing AI technology to analyse student reports based on assessments to predict potential progress for each student, based on their unique learning levels.
- Lastly, Class Saathi’s AI developers are planning to tackle student attrition through an AI capability called study pattern prediction that can warn educators when a student is at a high risk of dropping out of the system
Class Saathi occupies a unique position in the education system. We are a solution that acts as a personalised learning platform, a digital assessment solution, a diagnostic tool, a communication network based on evidence and so much more. Creative minds in the industry curated cutting-edge Artificial Intelligence technology to enable all the aforementioned elements.
Want to know more about us? Write to us at [email protected] to schedule a demo!