Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs) is a system of central schools for talented students predominantly from rural areas in India. A rigorous entrance examination called the JNV Selection Test selects these students.
JNVs are fully residential and co-educational schools affiliated with the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi, with classes from VI to XII in English, Hindi, and regional languages.
TagHive, a technology company founded by an IITian, and JNV schools are making joint efforts in increasing the learning outcomes of students and optimizing the classes for the teachers with our Class Saathi line of assessment solutions.
We believe that for a classroom to be truly smart, the teacher needs to understand the voice of every student, and Class Saathi enables just that. Using the clicker device, teachers are able to engage every student and get insights into their learning to be able to create a contextualized strategy.
Currently, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas deployed Class Saathi in 5 schools:
- JNV Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- JNV Mungeshpur, Delhi
- JNV Palghar, Maharashtra
- JNV RangaReddy, Telangana
- JNV Alleppey, Kerala
During the first phase of deployment, trainers conducted orientations and training sessions for 45+ teachers and principals from all 5 locations. These sessions took place in the early stages and after mid-term examinations to increase the adoption of Class Saathi.
Teachers can’t wait to explore the Class Saathi solution in their classrooms and see how learning and engagement improve.
The orientation sessions that TagHive conducted, proved to be fruitful in developing a better understanding of the solution’s on-ground effectiveness amongst teachers. Here is a glimpse of some feedback that we received:
1) “The training was very useful. We think that Class Saathi can be beneficial for the students. For next term’s exams, we hope to conduct all revisions using Class Saathi only. We also hope to get in-person training so that our teachers can master Class Saathi.” – Kavya Ma’am (Principal, JNV Bhopal)
2) “Class Saathi is good, not just for testing students’ knowledge but the clicker system is very useful for creating interest in students for subjects. Quite helpful for teachers to conduct class in an interesting and effective way. The training has helped us understand the features better and I look forward to implementing it soon.” – Shivaji Sir (Principal, JNV Palghar)
3) “Our training was very beneficial. We have no complaints from the support team as well. Class Saathi has so many useful options (features). We can’t wait for the next refresher training session after vacation.” – Bhoop Sir (Technical Coordinator, JNV Rangareddy)
We are keenly awaiting phase 2 of our deployment with the JNVs wherein we will emphasize how to utilize Class Saathi assessment solutions during regular classroom hours, thus increasing classroom engagement and the performance of students.